Thursday 27th June 2019 from 7.30pm-8.45pm
In truth, restorative yoga is simply that – restorative. It is the centering of your breath and body – aligning the physical and mental by practicing stillness or gentle movement for extended periods of time. The use of props assist in helping you to hold poses longer and absorbing the meditative state that you will find yourself, I heard a student describe it as “It’s kind of like adult sleep time.”
Restorative yoga is intended to take the mindfulness that is found in all disciplines of yoga to the next level. It’s still and slow, and it’s as much (or more) about the mind as it is the body.
- Support to the Skeletal System, particular for the supine, with the forward, backward and twisting movements.
- Supporting the Internal Organs, such as digestion, elimination and immunity.
- Supporting the Energy Systems, bringing about balance with the breath.
- Supporting the Hormonal System particular the adrenal glands.
- Supporting the Neurotically Systems. The nervous system reacts to touch, therefore the use of props brings about deep cellular response.
- Stress Relief, relax and renewing long held tensions.
Caroloine’s aim is to give you postures that you can adapt and practice at home at times when you could do with a bit of ‘Ahhh’ you know that sound when you sit on the sofa after an arduous day, Restorative Yoga can give you that feeling and nourish you at that same time.
BOOK ONLINE NOW